Okay, from here on I’m going to be gushing and fawning over beautiful people. It will be 90% K-POP, 10% tofu, 12% glitter and 42% complaining and whining. :) Here’s the first of my utterly logical and philosophical enquiries at to why you should, if you are not already, be listening to K-POP.
OH YEAH OH YEAH I’M FEELING GOOD
Ok 10 reasons to like (and be forever tainted by high standards) K-POP
- KOREAN! I know it sounds obvious but well, J-POP is…Japanese and K-POP is…Korean. They sing in Korean. I love the Korean language (beautiful, beautiful logic) and the way it sounds, so liking the language helps a lot ^ ^
- POP! BUBBLE BUBBLE BUBBLE POP BUBBLE BUBBLE POP POP. Catchy songs, fantastic voices, energetic performance, characterisation…TALENT.
- COLOURFULLL! K-POP is undeniably colourful and creative, I don’t care if you think they are mimicking western acts past or present. Take a look at the beautiful colour combinations of Hanbok, traditional costume of Korea. They like colourful clothes…they like shinee clothes. Colourful + shinee = BEST ABSOLUTE PERFECT AWESOME FASHION COSTUME TIME.
- DUH SEXXXXXY! They are sexy. Sexy in a confident, natural way as opposed to a cocky, egotistical way (I mean, I don’t doubt some of the idols are absolute douche bags…) The women are beautiful inside and out, talented and interesting. The men are beautiful, honest, playful etc etc. I know a lot of it is entertainment but that doesn’t stop them being UTTERLY BEAUTIFUL. Oh and another valid point is..ABS. ABS ABS ABS!
- KONGLISH/ACCENTS. :D
- RAPPERS/HEP HAP/MAKE A LOVE BABY. K-POP combines different elements of music to make something that will BLOW YOUR MINNNDDDD. Rappers aren’t scary and rapping about tits n arse or how fly they are (usually). Rappers can have pink hair and be super super cute >.< uhhhh. And rap about love and stuff.
- IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Maybe in a bad way…// o.O You may never leave the house waiting for the new BEAST MV to be uploaded on youtube, or spend most of your day constantly refreshing a website so you can keep voting BIGBANG to be the best worldwide act at MTV EMA (no lie…both are true…K-POP pride at the EMA’s..I wept like a baby) K-POP can make you realise your dream or change the way you see yourself in the world. Honestly speaking I can’t even put into words how much some of the idols inspire me (fsdjfhlsdjfhhgsagjh!) and I never used to be the kind of person who fawned over a band just because of a crush (*ahem I lied; Harry from Mcfly…u mad? :P*) but truly, hearing the stories of how some idols have trained intensely for years for a few years fame, and they manage to stay humble and respectful in interviews and tv programmes.
- ENDLESS CATCHPHRASES TO BAFFLE AND CONFUSE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW YOU. Wow; fantastic baby. I da naaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ohmigod! to name a few. And those which require a dance move as accompaniment; Sorry sorry sorry sorry. I’ll be baaaack. Gee gee gee gee baby baby (g-d g-d baby baby if you wanna baffle people twice). I don’t ca-a-a-a-re. There are SO MANY and they are SO USEFUL.
- ENDLESS RANDOM KOREAN WORDS AND NOISES WHICH MAKE PEOPLE LOOK AT YOU LIKE YOU’RE INSANE. Omo, omona, aigoo, aisshhh, ya!, mwo?!!, WAE?!, JINJA?, jeongmal?, otteoke, na do molla, moreugesso, saranghae, kamsahamnida, komawo, annyeong (haseyo) and other noises like kkkkkkk and chhhhh make in the back of the throat and endless tutting (I never used to tut, my dad’s the only person in the world who used to do it…ew).
- DO GOOD STUFF. I know I could probably think of more, better reasons to like K-POP but I think this is relevant. In the K-POP fandom we have used our power as fans to accomplish some good stuff, donating to charities when their country had a national disaster and giving idols strength to get through hard times being just a few. Hands down it was V.I.P’s who gave BIGBANG the win at the EMA’s. I can say I was a part of that, they’re an amazing band and they deserve recognition (click, refresh, click, refresh, click, refresh). Of course, fandoms sometimes use their power incorrectly (the Tablo controversy, the Jay controversy, Block B to name a few…guys CALM YO TITS!). Just go on any K-POP MV and see a row about how EXO are better than B.A.P or people chatting about how Sone’s are the worst fandom. Kkkkkkkk…I’m in the ‘love everyone, LOVE EVERYTHING’ category.
Have a good day! Haru haru~